- Strip all your bed sheets and wash them.
- Do some dusting around your place.
- Clean out your computer of unwanted files by doing a disk clean-up and a
disk defragment. Your computer will run better and faster.
- Get a couple programs called Ad-Aware, plus Spybot Search and Destroy and
scan for adware components. You don't want that stuff on your computer.
- Do a free online virus scan at trendmicro.com to make sure your system is
- Check online for security updates for your software. Better safe than
- Exercise, exercise, exercise. It's good for you, keeps you fit and moving
burning unwanted calories.
- Listen to upbeat music and dance around.
- Watch TV, but place the remote control far away. This makes you get up
when you want to change channel, ect.
- If your sitting, twitch your leg. Might as well burn calories while you
sit down too.
- Play a musical instrument. (For me it's guitar ... I'm terrible but I
still play it.)
- Design your own thinspirational or pro-ana site. It's actually quite time consuming,
fun and it teaches you a skill.
- Find songs that relate to ana/mia.
- Burn a thinspirational cd.
- Make a list of your goals and how/when you want to have them acheived by.
- Try out a new hair style.
- Exfoliate your body. (Must have very warm shower for this to open your
- Give yourself a make-over.
- Have a cool shower.
- Go through the song section and download the songs, then burn your own
- Keep checking back into this site, join my forums and post. (Lol, I know
... cheap pop.)
- Do an online research of your favorite musician, and join any Yahoo groups
that might be around on this musician.
- If you don't already get a Yahoo account and enjoy the benefits like free
e-mail account, messanger, groups, games, ect.
- Get AOL instant messenger, then chat with others.
- Unsure about a piece of information reguarding weight loss / metabolic
rate, ect.? Do an online research to make sure your information is as accurate
- Make your own journal, writing down goals - food eaten - calories burned -
weight lost - thinspiration pics - motivational things, and such.
- Brush your teeth. Get a travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste set and use it
often. A clean minty mouth can make the thought of eating less attractive. Also,
if you brush after every meal and every supposed meal, it's less obvious whether
you've eaten or not.
- Take a shower. Hot steamy water can suppress the appetite, in me at least, and
paying close attention to your body will serve to remind you exactly why you're
losing weight in the first place. If you feel clean you may not want to "dirty"
yourself with food.
- Fidget, take up a new hobby, find something to focus on. Find something with
which to distract your hands and / or mouth. Chewing gum works for many people,
but check for calories. Sewing or stringing beads is good, detail-oriented and
monotonous. Keep yourself occupied.
- Exercise. Find something you love to do and do it. If, like me, you're too
self-conscious to exercise where people can see, then do it when you're alone at
home or in a locked room or other safe place. Make it interesting. The best I've
found? Dancing. Find music you love, cover the windows up, and don't even think
about what you may look like since there's nobody to see. It's a lot of fun, and
it helps you get more familiar with your body as well.
- Find triggering pictures. You have internet access, I know you do. When you feel
like eating, pick an actress or model that you think is particularly beautiful
and search for pictures of them ... or for pictures of people you find
particularly ugly and fat. It's a slow, involving process and for me at least a
great way to avoid eating.
- Take a nap. A lot of people think they're hungry when really they're just tired.
Also, drink water, since thirst can make you think you're hungry as well.